ARA Silicon Valley: Advancing Women in Technology & Influencing Change
The night–which will kick off with opening remarks and trends straight from the recent Harvey Nash CIO Survey in Association with KPMG–will feature a panel discussion with prominent executives in the Silicon Valley market, including Barbara Massa, Senior Vice President, FireEye, Sylvie Veilleux, Vice President of Information Technology, Mozilla Corporation, and Anita Scott, Director of Global Operations, eBay. We also are excited to have a member of ARA’s Advisory Board and the President and COO of ICon moderate the panel, Dana Shaw, who together with Anita Scott, was recently announced as a Woman of Influence by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
With time for Q&A and plenty of networking throughout, you will learn how these trailblazers have broken through barriers, innovated and leaned on the support of mentors to achieve their goals.
A summary of the event logistics follows:
- Date: Thursday, August 20, 2015
- Time: 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m., with networking and registration from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Mozilla, 331 East Evelyn Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043
- Who: This event is open to women and men who either work in the tech industry or have an IT role; we encourage everyone to join the event to learn from the distinguished panel, network with others in the industry and share your voice through Q&A and live Tweeting
- Cost: Free thanks to our event sponsors, Mozilla & KPMG
Additional panelists and event details will be announced shortly. In the meantime, please be sure to mark your calendars for Thursday, August 20 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. and register online!
Special thanks to Mozilla and KPMG for sponsoring this event and their ongoing commitment to attracting, retaining and advancing women in technology.